NEBDN Moodle site rules and conditionsNEBDN has a zero-tolerance policy regarding any members' behaviour, on or off-site, likely to bring NEBDN into disrepute. In particular, we will not tolerate NEBDN Moodle being used to engage in disputes or unpleasantness between site members. Consequently, we must ask that you observe the following rules and conditions please:-
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, racist, homophobic, threatening, sexually-oriented, dishonest or any other material that may break the law or cause offence to other NEBDN users. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned and your internet service provider being informed.
- You agree not to create any inappropriate hyperlinks. Specifically this means no linking to pay-per-view sites or any sites engaging in activities detailed in rule 1 above.
- You agree not to send spam or post any advertising materials via any of NEBDN's facilities. This includes via the forums, comments boxes or directly to members via their email accounts.
- You agree only to post material of which you own the copyright or you have the copyright owners permission.
- You agree that the NEBDN site administrators have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, image or media object at any time should they deem it necessary.
- You agree that any information you have entered to join NEBDN will be stored in a database.
- NEBDN takes personal privacy very seriously and no personal information will be disclosed to any third party without your consent or a Court Order. However you agree that site management cannot be held responsible if data is compromised, due to circumstances beyond our control such as a hacking attempt
- Like many similar sites, NEBDN Moodle uses "cookies" to store information on your local computer. These are small, harmless strings of text and are required for the proper functioning of Moodle.
- You accept that your e-mail address is required for confirming your registration details and password and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one.
- You agree that NEBDN's service is supplied as-is, with no warranty of any sort.
- You agree that in the event of a dispute, the NEBDN site administrators' decision is final.
- Although the NEBDN site administrators will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every contribution as it appears. Therefore you acknowledge that all contributions express the views and opinions of the author and not of the Editor and hence NEBDN will not be held liable.
- Malware. NEBDN Moodle is hosted on and managed by Linux computers. These are machines are highly resistant to Windows viruses. However it is possible that documents provided by one Windows user could infect another Windows user - much as they can when someone attaches infected documents to an email. You therefore agree to check that any documents you upload or download are free from malware. This is the responsibility of the user, not NEBDN. If you are running MS Windows and you do not already have a virus checker, then you may wish to consider this free, open source checker:- http://www.clamwin.com
- Your IP address, along with the IP address of all contributors will be recorded to enforce these rules and conditions.
Last modified: Sunday, 5 June 2016, 8:52 PM